Re: [Debian Perl Group Policy] Proposal for the debian/copyright handling: Should follow copyright-format 1.0

Hi Charles

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 03:58:19PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 08:05:42PM +0200, intrigeri a écrit :
> > gregor herrmann wrote (06 Jul 2012 16:40:20 GMT) :
> > > He said we cold ask for a symlink latest->1.0 or similar through the
> > > policy and www teams, but I don't think it's worth the hassle.
> >
> > > So I'm fine with either ...
> >
> > The benefit for us would be small IMHO,
> > so if it had been easy for them, that would have been worth it,
> > but given it seems like it's not easy at all,
> > I suggest we forget about it -- they probably have, on their plate,
> > stuff that would be more useful for the project as a whole.
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/ is a valid URL,
> but would not be a valid value for the Format field.  I think that the best
> place for an unversionned URL that points at the specification without being
> mistaken for a Format URL would be an entry in http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals.

We (Gregor and I) talked during DebCamp with David Prévot if there is
a easy way from www team to have a URL pointing to the latest
copyright-format released. What we want to say is simply that in the
Debian Perl Group every package *should* follow latest released
copyright-format.

Regards,
Salvatore