Re: Status of Debian perl packages wrt upstream perl bug #107366

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:41:49PM +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:

>   I'm currently trying to package PDL-Stats. This Perl package
> suffers from from a bug present in upstream perl from version
> bewteen 5.14.0 and 5.15.8.

As of 0.6.1, PDL-Stats only bails out starting with 5.15.0.
Perhaps 5.14.0 was a typo?

>   The bug is described here:
> https://rt.perl.org/rt3//Public/Bug/Display.html?id=107366

The ticket seems to discuss several issues, some of which have been
fixed / worked around in PDL. AFAICS they apply to changes in the 5.15
development branch (blead), not the 5.14 one.

>   Do you know if the Debian package of perl fixes this bug?

I'm not aware of any patches in the Debian 5.14.2 package that
address these issues. You may want to inspect the 'perl -V' output or
debian/patches/ in the source tree to make sure.
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org