Work needed to upgrade Padre to 0.92

Hello

[ azawawi, don't trash this message too fast, there's a question for you ;-) ]

I've made a quick assessment of the work required to upgrade Padre to version
0.92 (also mentioned in git [1]).

Padre now depends on WX::Scintilla. A new package must be created, which is
usually not a big deal. But Wx::Scintilla embeds scintilla library which is
not available in Debian (but is probably embedded in scite).

We must decide whether:

* to follow this structure and bundle scintilla lib in libwx-scintilla-perl
  (which is not debian preferred way)
* to create a libscintilla package (better, but more work and need to
  sync with scite maintainer for possible overlap)

Ahmad, (upstream author of WX::Scintilla), how could we build Wx::Scintilla
without using the embedded scintilla source ? (I dream of getting a patch
against your Build.PL, that would really speed things up, or even better, a
Build.PL option)

guidelines. Padre upstream changelog mentions license work to satisfy Debian
requirements. I think now is a good time to assess the license clarification.
Hopefully, we won't need anymore to modify upstream source.

Now a quick note to motivate pkg-perl team menbers to help: Padre 0.92 works
fine and looks more robust than previous version. I will happily review
scintilla related packages.

If Damyan is ok with this, I'll follow up with a new Padre package.

All the best

Dominique
--
http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/