Re: RFP: libterm-ansicolor-perl bug #642594

-=| Kirk Kimmel, 24.09.2011 22:09:07 -0400 |=-
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=642594 :
>
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> * Package name    : libterm-ansicolor-perl
>   Version         : 3.01
>
> The newest version of the Term::ANSIColor module exports two new
> functions colorstrip() and colorvalid(). In addition, 32 color
> constants are exported, up from 16 in the previous versions.

Version 3.00 seems to include the needed functionality too and is
included in perl 5.14 in experimental (in perl-modules package).

> I was able to build a deb with cpan2deb and test installed it on
> 6.0.2 with no problems.

I wonder if it is worth the hassle to introduce a newer
libterm-ansicolor-perl package and drop it a couple of months later[0],
when 5.14 enters unstable.

    [0] a pure speculation on my side

3.01 (in perl 5.15.2) seems to additionally contain some fixes, that
seem like a good thing to have[1].

    [1] http://api.metacpan.org/source/RRA/Term-ANSIColor-3.01/ChangeLog

Perl maintainers, what would you recommend?