Re: joining Debian Perl

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 22:08:27 +0300, b a wrote:

> Hey, I'm a programmer and I want to make some DEBs for CPAN distributions.

Great, we can always need more helping hands!

> In particular I want to focus on libxml-fast-perl , I already have
> an early version of the DEB here
> https://github.com/wsdookadr/libxml-fast-perl , it's a working DEB,
> but I haven't yet signed it with my GPG key,

That's not needed, uploads to Debian are signed by the DD who uploads
a package.

> haven't yet filled some files under debian/ package and some other things.

Then you should do this :)

First hint: dh-make-perl is much better for perl packages than
dh-make.

Second hint:
Please read the docs at http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ ,
especially policy.html and git.html.

I've added you to the pkg-perl project on Alioth now; welcome aboard!

 .''`.   Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - OpenPGP key ID: 0x8649AA06
   `-    NP: U2: Elvis Prestley And America