Re: Migration to wiki.d.o.

On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 12:39:15 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> > > Fwiw, I prefer to edit files locally.  We could probably use something
> > > like ikiwiki for our pages, which would give immediacy and the ability
> > > to edit locally. But of course that takes work to convert as well.

FWIW, I didn't have a strong opinion when this proposal came up
first; but here at Deb{Camp,Conf} I've edited both wiki.d.o and *.pod
in svn/git quite a bit. And I have to say that editing the wiki in a
web browser became more and more painful on each change.

So yes, I'd prefer to keep our main stuff in some version-controlled
text files (be it POD like now for the website or ikiwiki or
something else).

Leaving the links here in case someone wants to play:

> This sounds interesting:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/07/msg00050.html
> Cf. http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/pingee/

 .''`.   Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - PGP/GPG key ID: 0x8649AA06
   `-    BOFH excuse #367:  Webmasters kidnapped by evil cult.