Wheezy plans for perl (5.14)

Hi all,

As the Perl group BoF is happening (sorry that I can't be there!) I
thought it would be a good time to let you know that Niko and I are
planning to have perl 5.14 released with wheezy. Initially I thought
that we might be able to get 5.16 into shape, but the currently published
schedules by the perl upstream[1] and the release team[2] don't make that
likely.

5.14 packages are in experimental and are in reasonably decent shape,
although they are not particularly convenient to test. Thanks to all
those who have recently fixed bugs with 5.14 compatibility so far; that
work will be enormously helpful when we come to upload 5.14 to unstable.

There are more of those[3], of course, and I also hope to get another
rebuild test done once we've got 5.14.1 sorted out in experimental.

We are yet to discuss a schedule for that upload with the release
team, but I expect that conversation to happen in the next couple of
weeks.

With best wishes for a successful BoF,
Dominic.