Greetings and Introductions

Greetings,

My name is Ingy döt Net. I am an Acmeist computer programmer.

I have been heavily involved in the Perl community for over 10 years. I started Module::Install, with the intent of making the packaging of Perl modules as simple and powerful as possible. I have recently started Module::Package, which takes this ambition even further. More of interest, I have started Debian::Perl, with the express intent of turning seasoned CPAN authors into Debian maintainers.

The plan is the same as always, make things as easy as a single command: 'make debian', but make sure that the results satisfy everyone's requirements. I hope to take the best tools on both the Debian side and the Perl side, and keep polishing things, until maintaining Debian packages is something that CPAN authors "just do".

I realize that while I have pioneered many paths in the Perl world, I am still quite new to the Debian world. That's why I'm here.

Glad to be here, Ingy