Re: [Pkg-parrot-devel] New version of parrot package is in mentors

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:44:40PM +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Le mardi 12 avril 2011 02:27:32, Allison Randal a écrit :
> > Request accepted. Welcome!
>
> Thanks ! :-)
>
> > Another perspective is that if Rakudo packaging is
> > going to be done as part of pkg-perl, and they're using svn, we might
> > want to use svn for pkg-parrot too.
>
> I'm also part of pkg-perl team. Part of the team already use git for perl
> packaging activities.
>
> The team's objective is to package Perl distributions for Debian. Parrot is
> outside this objective.

Also, AFAIK svn is still used in pkg-perl due to the fact that PET does not
support git. IMHO there's no reason for pkg-parrot to use it, since it
maintains just a single package.

> OTOH I'm pretty sure that most of the guys there will be happy to help (I've
> cc'ed pkg-team. Pkg-perl team: this is a good time to yell your support of
> parrot and rakudo ;-) )

I've been interested in collaborating with rakudo packaging for some time
since it's quite unusable right now (mainly due to #585762), and offered my
help to Ryan Niebur (the current maintainer of the rakudo package) many
times (via #601862, and some private emails) but I've never received a
response. Then I gave up due to other, more "urgent" Debian work I had to
do. If any help is needed (for both parrot and rakudo) that do not require
DD status I would be happy to contribute.

Cheers

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'