Re: Joining Debian Perl group

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 02:18:01PM -0400, Keith Lawson wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:22:50 +0300, Damyan Ivanov <dmn@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >-=| Keith Lawson, Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 08:55:51AM -0400 |=-
> >>I'm just writing because I'm interested in joining the
> >>Debian Perl group. I'm a long time user of Debian (mid 1990s)
> >>and I'd
> >>like to start contributing back to the community. I'm a computer
> >>science
> >>graduate who's currently employed as a Unix/Linux sysadmin
> >>working for a
> >>large hospital organization in London, Ontario Canada. I'm an
> >>experienced Perl developer, Debian user and sysadmin but I've
> >>never got
> >>into building Debian packages. I'd like to look at getting
> >>"Apache2::AuthCookie" included as a Debian package and I'm sure
> >>I can
> >>find some time to work on outstanding bugs.
> >
> >Sounds great!
> >
> >>My Alioth username is
> >
> >I have just added you to the alioth project. We have prepared some
> >documents describing the way we work. The usual place to start
> >reading
> >is http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome .
> >
> >Welcome aboard!
>
> Thanks for the welcome.
>
> Now where to start. Are there any RC bugs that require immediate
> attention or would my time be better spent learning how to package
> CPAN modules up?

You can have a look at the team's PET instance [0]. Particularly the
"With RC bugs" section if you want to have a look at packages with RC bugs,
or the "Newer upstream release available" section, for the packages that
need to be upgraded.

AFAICT there are no RC bugs that reequire immediate action. No need to rush
for upgrades either. You can also decide to start packaging the modules you
would like to see in the archive... it's up to you :)

Cheers

[0] http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'