Re: apt-listchanges: news for jidanni2

Hi,

Just an update-

I am told by David Golden (who works with Perl's toolchain and is
familiar with the perl package's direction going forward) that
JSON::PP is becoming a core module, and part of that transition
required them to split it away from the JSON package.

Subsequently, he informed me that the backportPP stuff is meant as a
transitional thing, and will not work properly for many programs. I
have therefore bumped the dependency on libjson-pp-perl from a
Suggests to Depends.  However, at present, libjson-pp-perl has not
been accepted into the archive by the ftp-masters.

Once libjson-pp-perl is accepted, an upgrade will pull in libjson-perl
2.50-2, which will install libjson-pp-perl, thus un-breaking your
program.

Until then, the only way the problem could be fixed is by downgrading
to an older version of libjson-perl.

I am sorry about the breakage and have filed a bug against
libjson-perl: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=615605

Cheers,

Jonathan