Re: Wheezy!

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 11:02:20PM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:10:13 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>(Note: debhelper 8 is also available in lenny/backports and in >squeeze.)
To me, backporting-friendlines is about compiling against an
officially released Debian, without including additional
repositories like backports.debian.org.

I knew you would reply to this part :)

Yeah, I kinda knew you'd know.

I guess your opinion is not changed by the fact that backports is now an offical repo within Debian and not some additional repo outside?

Not my opinion, only the hostname that I mention :-)

I therefore still recommend to generally use highest possible
debhelper compatibility level of the oldest security-supported
Debian distro - i.e. currently 6 and 7 when security support for
Lenny is dropped.

Ehm; off-by-one? oldstable = lenny has 7.0.15, stable = squeeze has
8.0.0.

Sorry, not off-by-one but CDBS-centric:

CDBS-using packages: Lenny=6, Squeeze=?

non-CDBS-using packages: Lenny=7, Squeeze=8

(I am so used to packaging backporting-friendly that I honestly do not know if sensible to bump to debhelper 8 when only Squeeze needs support)

 - Jonas