Re: Applications in the Perl Group

> I have to admit I'm not entirely happy with this wording; what I'm
> missing is some kind of rule when to choose option lib+provides and
> when lib+app.

Perhaps an easier solution is to simply say:

Use library name + Provides.

And leave it to people who know what they're doing to do otherwise (it
is extremely unlikely we will need to do the
create-two-binary-packages thing, given that it is often easier and
more reliable for Perl applications to simply use the module
interface). However, I can't say in the future whether a Python
application will want to use a Perl application, in which case the
easiest option is to simply execute the Perl script (without even any
consideration as to whether it is a Perl application, C application,
etc...)

But, yes, I think no policy can replace some thought and judgment. The
easiest solution would be to say "use library name + provides unless
you have some compelling reason to do otherwise."