Handling CPAN authors that are not responsive

hi,

I am just thinking aloud here:

If I am not mistaken once in a while (or maybe more frequently)
you encounter a module that lacks copyright information or needs
some code patching in order to include in Debian.
Some you get bug reports that you fix and would want to get it included
the original CPAN module as well.

If the CPAN author is responsive and make the changes. Great.

What happens when the author is not responsive?
Do you take over the maintenance of the module?

What about maintaining a list of modules that need attention -
as determined by the Debian Perl team - but where you cannot
get a response from the author?
What if we maintained such a list on the TPF wiki
and then we tried to encourage people to take over
maintainer-ship of those specific modules?

What do you think about this?
how many such modules do you currently have and what is the
frequency of encountering such modules?

regards
   Gabor

--