Re: dh-make-perl and DEP5

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:26:23 +0100, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:

> > Yes and no ("yes" for update, "no" for candidate); the current state
> > ("state" may be too much, the last thing carnil and me have discussed
> > on IRC) is that we'd like to wait for DEP5 to be accepted before
> > changing dh-make-perl in order to avoid having to change it with
> > every single commit.
> As far as I understood, since DEP5 reached CANDIDATE state, it shouldn't
> get modified that much, am I wrong?

I'm not sure; maybe I'm just too much of a skepticist :)

The problem is not only dh-make-perl itself but also the generated
copyright files; if there are all kinds of different versions in them
upgrading becomes harder. OTOH if this can be handled by
Config::Model it saves us some headaches on the dh-make-perl side.

> Anyway, it's not a big deal to wait a bit more.

If you want to start looking at this and especially on C::M integration
that's fine from my POV; it just may happen that there will be
changes needed again later :)

And maybe we should upload the current version from svn now before
making that changes.

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Rolling Stones: Down