Re: libmr-tarantool-perl_0.0.8-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Hi Dimitry

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 08:26:55AM +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Dmitry E. Oboukhov, 28.12.2011 10:10:20 +0400 |=-

> > > Yup.
> > > And how do you get new upstream tarballs into the repo?
> > > (Import on master and run pristine-tar against thet branch?)
> >
> > pristine-tar commit path/to/tar.gz tagname
> >
> > :)
> >
> > I think that 'upstream' branch has meaning if You receive upstream
> > sources by git, too. But if You have upstream's tar.gz it is worth to
> > use pristine-tar.
>
> In the context of the Perl Group, the upstream branch contains
> unpacked upstream releases and is not tracking upstream's Git tree.
>
> There is a tool, git-import-orig, which can help with both the
> pristine-tar and upstream branches (plus the upstream/xxx tags).

There was another thing I noticed: The patch was applied (while
commiting). If you are using debcommit for commiting the final
changes, one can use the following:

alias debcommit='{ quilt pop -a || [ $? = 2 ]; } && debcommit'

(thanks ansgar :)).

To help with that what Damyan already wrote, there is a helper script
in our git repo under scripts, called git-missing-upstream.

Hope that helps too,
Salvatore