Re: Work needed to upgrade Padre to 0.92

Le Monday 19 December 2011 12:18:58, Ansgar Burchardt a écrit :
> Wouldn't a static library package used by all other packages be a better
> solution?  Bugs would only need to be fixed in one place (and all
> packages be rebuilt against the new version).

Building a common (I almost say "shared") static library would have the same
drawback as building a shared lib:
- same compilation options for everyone
- no customisation

Upstream scintilla does not want scintilla shared libs for the same reason.
Given his position, I still thinks that rebuilding scintilla is a bad solution
without better affordable alternative.

All the best

Dominique
--