Re: ITP: libnet-ftpssl-perl -- Module for creating a client which can connect to FTPS servers

On 02/11/11 10:53, Paul Waring wrote:
On 02/11/11 10:39, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
* Package name : libnet-ftpssl-perl

Has work on the package started yet? We may be able to dedicate some time
to this and help out; since libnet-lite-ftp-perl has been removed from
Squeeze, Squeeze doesn't currently have an SSL-capable FTP module, and we
need one.

So far I've:

* Contacted the module author (Curtis Leach) who has confirmed that he
is happy for it to go into Debian.

* Built the package using cpan2deb and deployed it to some production
servers without any problems (I use the module at work, and having it in
the main Debian repository would make life easier for deployments).

However, there was a new version released in the last week, so ideally
that one would be used. I haven't had chance to test it yet though, will
hopefully do that tonight or over the weekend.

Sorry I didn't get round to this - my house purchase went through shortly after this email and I've been tied up with that for the past few weeks.

Will build and test the new version this weekend.

Paul

--
Paul Waring
http://www.pwaring.com