Von: Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li>
An: Wolfgang Wilhelm <wolfgang20121964@yahoo.de>
Cc: "debian-perl@lists.debian.org" <debian-perl@lists.debian.org>
Gesendet: 11:16 Mittwoch, 30.November 2011
Betreff: Re: How do I report a problem?

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 08:42:39AM +0000, Wolfgang Wilhelm wrote:
> My problem:
>
> I use the newest version of Debian.
>
> I have a problem with the Perl module Proc::ProcessTable. When I use it I need to use the english language. In Proc::ProcessTable::AUTOLOAD line 30 there is a simple comparison "if ($! ~= /Invalid/)" which is okay only for english error messages. My message is in german and so the comparison always fails which makes the module little useful.

Are you using the libproc-processtable-perl Debian package, or have you
installed it manually (or via CPAN, etc)?

> How do I report this? To whom?

This sounds like a bug, and not one reported against the package in the
Debian bug tracking system[1] or upstream bugtracking system[2].

If you're using the Debian package, the best way for you to report this
is probably to use the reportbug tool which should be included with your
Debian system (if not, install it using the reportbug package), which
will help you formulate a bug report to the Debian BTS. If appropriate,
the package maintainers (many of whom will probably read this thread
anyway) might be able to help by investigating further and forwarding
the report upstream.

Best wishes,
Dominic.

[1] <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=libproc-processtable-perl;dist=stable>