Re: AW: New libsdl-perl will break frozen-bubble, pangzero and dizzy

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Dominique Dumont <dod@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Monday 26 September 2011 16:40:24, Kartik Thakore a écrit :
>> Do you guys have git repo for the pangzero versions you use then we
>> can just start applying our patches to it.
>
> I'm afraid pangzero's debian files are still in svn:
>
>  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-games/packages/trunk/pangzero/
>
> Note that Pangzero upstream files are not stored there. Upstream files are
> stored as tarballs on a Debian server [1]
>
> Unless a new version of pangzero is released, your work will end up in the
> debian/patches subdirectory. Don't worry, that a normal Debian process :-)

At this stage it is safe to say upstream is not being worked on and
someone needs to take over upstream to add the changes there, make a
new release and revive the project. SF used to have an abandoned
project takeover policy but that doesn't exist any more (they expect
you to fork) so it is likely that this might be impossible if you
cannot contact upstream.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pangzero/
http://pangzero.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pangzero/pangzero/
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Abandoned%20Project%20Takeovers