Installing CPAN modules by Package Name

Hi all,

In order to install the CPAN distribution Foo-Bar-$VER.tar.gz one normally has
to install the libfoo-bar-perl package. However, Foo-Bar may also provide the
Foo::Baz or Foo::Bar::Quux namespace and these will not be easily installable.
Furthermore, some packages such as
http://packages.debian.org/sid/libcatalyst-modules-perl lump many different
CPAN distributions together.

However, in Mandriva, every installed CPAN package/namespace has a
'perl(Foo::Baz)' provides that can be installed using
«urpmi 'perl(Foo::Baz)'». My question is: what is the Debian equivalent, if
there is one? If not, there should be.

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish