Re: Advocating Nicholas Bamber <nicholas@periapt.co.uk>

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:12:01 +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:

> Auth-Key: nmauthd7e2c4d18eb925e8132395f0e70e6197
> Applicant: Nicholas Bamber <nicholas@periapt.co.uk>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
>
> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?
>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?

I'm hereby advocating Nicholas Bamber <nicholas@periapt.co.uk> as a
Debian Developer.

Nicholas is a member of the Debian Perl Group since last summer, and
since then he is one of the most active contributors, working
continuously on our huge amount of packages.

At the moment he's in Uploaders in 193 packages in our svn
repository, with a total of almost 2.000 commits.

During the time of his group membership he's seen and done all kinds
of activities around our packages successfully, from packaging new
modules to upgrading existing ones, from dealing with bugs in the BTS
and upstream to managing transitions (libwww-perl, which split off a
couple of its sub-modules into separate distributions) or
splitting/merging other huge packages.

Furthermore, he's also contributing to the group's documentations and
tools (dh-make-perl) or providing own tools for the benefit of the
larger Debian community (pkg-components).

Working together with Nicholas is a pleasure, he's always
cooperative, helpful, and friendly towards others; and sometimes he
even teaches me nice English idioms on IRC :)

Due to my intensive work with Nicholas I'm certain that he has both
the technical and the social skills to become a DD, and I'm happy to
advocate him.

(Cc'ing debian-perl in case others want to add something.)

 .''`.   Homepage: http://info.comodo.priv.at/ - PGP/GPG key ID: 0x8649AA06
   `-    NP: Elliott Sharp: Prime Crime