Re: Perl QA Hackathon 2011 in Amsterdam

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:45:59 +0200, Jozef Kutej wrote:

> > But the Debian <-> CPAN mapping is probably the most valuable
> > project.
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cpan2deb/
> have a look if this is ok.

Wow, that's cool! Amazing -- thanks alot.

Some quick thoughts:
- For the link to the package I'd rather use
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/$package than p.d.o. (p.qa.d.o is for
  the source package and more developer-oriented)
  Maybe the links to bugs and patches are not needed then, too? Or
  maybe they are still helpful as shortcuts ...
- For the patches link you could maybe link directly to the
  respective package version.
- When searching for not-yet-packaged modules (like Debian::Apt::PM
  :)) there's a typo: "use `reportbug` and fill-in RTP" -> ".. file
  an RFP". For "join [the] Debian Perl Group" it's maybe more helpful
  to link to http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup or even
  http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome
- I guess Gabor and the other CPAN guys will also need a flat file or
  a web service, but he will speak up himself for sure :)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack.