Re: Perl::Critic / Perl static analysis?

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:26 AM, David Golden <xdaveg@gmail.com> wrote:

> You'll probably irritate upstream authors if you do that.  The default
> Perl::Critic rules are very specific to Perl Best Practices (the
> book), which the author states are just *one* set of possible best
> practices.

Sadly the "Perl Best Practices" online viewer isn't supported by Gnash
so the warnings it outputs are also of limited use.

> To be clear, Perl::Critic does not detect risky code -- it detects
> questionable style, which is highly personal.

I see, I guess Perl::Critic is not suitable for use in DACA then.

Are there any Perl static analysis tools that are about detecting risky code?

PS: I'm subscribed, no need to CC or top post: