forward-patch (was: Wheezy!)

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 06:59:35PM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> Forward-bug/forward-patch
> -------------------------
>
> I still think that a tool for easily forwarding bug reports and
> patches to the CPAN RT would be helpful; in svn/scripts there's
> forward-patch -- but it only contains POD that outlays my ideas at
> that time.
>
> In the meantime Tim has detected RT::Client::REST, David was in
> contact with the upstream author of App::rtpaste, and Maximilian also
> has expressed interest in such a tool. -- Maybe someone can invest a
> rainy afternoon into such a tool?

Finally I got around to write also the forward-patch script. It's not the
most beatiful piece of code on the earth but, at least, it seems to work :)

It simply gets the path to a patch and optionally the name of the
distribution to which the patch applies. If not set it is read from
debian/control or debian/changelog (just like forward-bug does).

Then it reads the patch's header and uses it as the body for the RT ticket.
The subject is taken from the patch's name, with some rework (I didn't
think of anything better).

Finally the ticket is created using the RT's email interface, since
RT::Client::REST, AFAICS, does not support attachments. The email is sent
using the /usr/sbin/sendmail executable (with some help provided by
MIME::Lite), so one of the many mta in Debian should suffice. The good news
is, no PAUSE credentials are needed.

Oh, the script is on SVN [0]

Cheers

[0] http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-perl/scripts/forward-patch?view=markup