Re: forward-bug.pl (was: Wheezy!)

On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:43:23 +0100, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:

(Oops, missed your mail yesterday.)

> > > It's nothing more than a hack: it takes the Debian bug number and the name
> > > of the CPAN distribution (this probably can be replaced by reading the value
> > > of "Upstream-Name" in d/copyright),
> > Yup, or from d/watch or d/control or anything that looks like a CPAN
> > URL :)
> It now extracts the distribution name from the Homepage field in d/control
> or the Source field in d/copyright.

Great.

> > Having this in a file (like rtpaste does) might be nice.
> Indeed. Now it reads the '~/.pause' file (just like cpan-upload and
> Dist::Zilla do).

Perfect.

> > Oh, the following behaves differently:
> >
> >     my $string = "foo";
> >     print Proc::InvokeEditor -> edit($string);
> >
> > and
> >
> >     my $string = "foo";
> >     my $result = Proc::InvokeEditor -> edit($string);
> >     print $result;
>
> Seems caused by the fact that Proc::InvokeEditor -> edit() returns an array
> ref... well, I think I fixed this as you suggested. (the https url is now
> also used).

Ah, good. I was not really sure about what ->edit() returns.

> > Although the forwarded address doesn't look so good:
> > http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=RT::Client::REST::Ticket=HASH(0x9379030)
> > :)
> > Should probably be $ticket->id or something like that in the $url
> > line.
> Oops, I forgot the '-> id' thing, sorry. Fixed now.

Graeat.

> I've also added some documentation, and checks on user input and bug status
> (if the bug has been already closed/forwarded the script exits).
> Maybe we can also move it to the Group's SVN, to make contributions by
> others easier.

Yes please, I just wanted to ask for it, so that I don't have to
search for the origin again :)

> > No hurry but I hope that at some point you feel like looking into it
> > :)
> Of course. When the forward-bug.pl will be enough stable I'll do it.

Thank you.

> Thank you for the experiment and the review.

Thanks to you -- and I'll test it again as soon as I need to forward
a bug (and judging from comments on IRC others are interested too :))

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Die Schmetterlinge: Lied von der Erde