Re: A short guide for using Git with pkg-perl available

All,

On Dec 19, 2010, at 7:55 AM, Peter Pentchev wrote:

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 09:30:07AM +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

You do mention that in the interest of preserving history, git- import-dsc may be used more than once with all the .dsc files available, and that's
indeed one of its great features.  What I wonder is, is there a way to
use git-svn and "git svn clone" in particular to preserve *all* of
a package's Subversion history, while still keeping the git-import-dsc
style of branching and stuff?

I don't know how directly that could be done, but as long as one is careful about branch names, I do think it is doable... I've done something like that but on a much smaller scale (i.e., the svn repo only had a few applications in it...<g>), and would be interested in seeing how well it works with the pkg-perl svn repo...

I primarily work with git these days, but still use others as necessary. In the case of pkg-perl, since the primary repo is still svn, I'm interested in working with git-svn for it, and plan to work on that this year. (I wanted to do so last year, but RL got in the way...<g>)

Robert James Clay
jame@rocasa.us
jame-guest, alioth