Re: Proposal: Drop extraneous "New upstream release" in changelogs

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> I propose a third style of moving (and merging) upgrades to new upstream
> releases outside of user credited subsections, like this:

+1 to your idea!

Now, if we can only get our tools to understand this... (perhaps a
patch to dch is possible? -- heck, shouldn't dch be the one adding the
"New upstream release part, not svn-upgrade?)

dch knows when the upstream version has changed (e.g. due to a
different version number before the debian_revision part).

The only issue is it would be nice to have something avoid putting the
"New upstream release" stuff under the person's name the next time
this happens, so currently us using this format would have to be done
manually (which is true also of the way gregoa was doing it previously
with the version numbers, and also of my proposed solution anyway).