Re: New at alioth

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:31:10 +0200, posion bit wrote:

>   I'm Iñigo Tejedor Arrondo, as known as "poisonbit" at irc.
>   I use Debian since many years ago (about potato being stable and
> woody testing) and I'm learning Perl more recently (less than two
> years).
>   I would like to help both fantastic pieces of free software,

Cool!

> I've
> read your instructions, and registered at alioth the "poisonbit"-guest
> account.

I've just added you the the pkg-perl group on alioth. Welcome!

>   And I would like to use my first email, to ask where I can read (doc
> or code) about best practices when upstream is at github + cpan,

Normally we just take released tarballs from the CPAN and don't care
(except for occasional patches) about how upstream develops their
code.

> and
> about split distributions in more than one package.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are meaning here. - But we
can also try to clarify on IRC :)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: JBO: Odyssee auf UKW