Thanks (and Happy Debian Appreciation Day)

Hi all,

Thanks for your continued commitment to open source and the Debian
project, especially those who have worked so tirelessly preparing for
the freeze of squeeze, and those who continue to keep our packages and
our repository beautiful.

I love that our group is driven by teamwork; it is a team in the
truest sense of the word. I've said lots of (retrospectively) stupid
things, done lots of stupid things, but always had your support going
through it all. Thanks to all of you, I've went from someone who knew
nothing about Debian packaging, to someone who has 400+ packages
bearing his name.

I wanted to take a minute to recognize all the hard work of various
people within our team.

I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention the contributions of (in
no particular order):

- Ansgar Burchardt, who always seems to be the first responder to bug
reports (Debian and Ubuntu alike) very frequently
- Damyan Ivanov, who is brave enough to wrestle dh-make-perl (and who
has come out victorious -- the code base has improved significantly,
even in the short time I've been part of the group)
- gregor herrmann, who is probably the top package sponsor in Debian,
and who is really able to bring the group together -- even when we all
have conflicting opinions -- and remind us of what's important. I
think we will all agree that gregor is a true leader by example, and
an excellent role model to follow.
- Ryan Niebur, who hasn't yet had time to flex his DD muscles very
much, but who has been very helpful (e.g. providing me a system I
could use to test build packages, since apparently my VM's 400MB ram
is insufficient) and who provided his Ruby-fu to hacking with
libdebctrl last year
- Tim Retout and Jose Luis Rivas, who both sponsor a great many
packages and are usually available for consultation and advice in
#debian-perl

If I have forgotten to mention you here, I haven't forgotten about you
-- it's just that there's so many great people and great contributions
to the Debian project through our group, it's hard to pick and name
just a few (but I feel I should stop now, or else my email will go on
for pages and pages, just like our great list of packages -- 1600+
according to the /topic!).

Cheers,

Jonathan

(Cc'ing everyone mentioned in case the super-busy people have
temporarily unsubscribed from the list)