Re: cgi in webb apps location

READ THIS:
http://www.zzee.com/solutions/unix-permissions.shtml

If you don't understand the basics you can't possibly hope to build
packages properly.

If you find it difficult to follow (it's probably not the best guide but
it's the first hit on google) feel free to contact me off-list and I
will explain the details for you.

On Wed, 2010-30-06 at 00:18 +0200, glaskoncILLa wrote:
> On 06/29/2010 11:34 PM, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
[snip]
> > root:root is fine. You just need to allow execution for everybody.
> > Change the permissions to 0755 (-rwxr-xr-x) and see if it helps.

"See if it helps" is clearly not the problem here.

[snip]
> I supose someone can use some security hole in Apache and do something

The proper permissions for Apache documented in the link at the top have
been standard since about 1995.

> bad but still its only one user, instead of n possible ones..
> So, from your expirience, whats the best pratice?

Debian's guide *is* best practice.

[snip]

--
--gh