Working with dh-make-perl (was: Re: Application naming)

Hello all,

I'll keep my questions together in this thread.

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:19:26PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:37:37 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> > I observe that Padre, another end-user application, has a
> > debian package 'padre', while its optional plugins and
> > libraries are libpadre-*.
> > Naturally I would prefer that naming as well.
>
> Ack, if it's an app and no module 'nama' sounds more logical.

I'll go with that simpler name, 'nama'.

> [...]at least I vaguely remember discussing
> advantages and disadvantages of both options and of putting it in
> svn/trunk and svn/apps and git :)

Need I be concerned about the
structure of svn repository?  Any references to tell me
where and what should I specify regarding svn/trunk or
svn/apps?

After running dh-make-perl with

	--packagename nama

debian/control says:

	Source: libaudio-nama-perl
	Package: libaudio-nama-perl

Is this the expected behavior? I'm ready to patch, but would
like to get as much correct as possible by informed use of
dh-make-perl.

Where does dh-make-perl look for short-description and
description? (I see there is a --desc option to dh-make-perl.)

	 (no description was found)
	  .
	   This description was automagically extracted from the
	   module by dh-make-perl.

Where does dh-make-perl look for a license?  debian/copyright says:

	Files: *
	Copyright: Joel Roth, <joelz@pobox.com>
	License: unparsable

	Files: debian/*
	Copyright: 2010, Joel Roth <joelz@pobox.com>
	License: unparsable or Artistic or GPL-1+

Kind regards

Joel

--
Joel Roth