Re: Distribution installer that defaults to Debian?

Joel,

I would suggest firstly that you use the:

  dh-make-perl locate

feature, rather than apt-cache search. Not all modules follow the
Something::Great => libsomething-great-perl naming convention, though
we're getting better at that.

Another issue is that some packages contain multiple modules; e.g.
libdbix-class-perl contains DBIx::Class but also a variety of
submodules, including DBIx::Class::Schema. A naive script searching
for libdbix-class-schema-perl would not come up with anything, whereas
looking in apt-file for DBIx/Class/Schema.pm would properly locate
libdbix-class-perl. The latter technique is what dh-make-perl's locate
feature does (I think), which means it is much more likely to give you
useful results.

Cheers,

Jonathan