Re: A short guide for using Git with pkg-perl available

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 09:30:07AM +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
I have just committed the initial variant of a guide for using Git withing the team.

http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html

Great!

If you have comments or corrections, feel free to state them here, on IRC or in the commit messages :)

I am not sure how to access the source, so throw a few nitpicking corrections here:

The stting up of pristine-tar branch is mentioned as a benefit of gbp-clone, but this is not included by default so need explicit option:

  s/\$ gbp-clone ssh:/\$ gbp-clone --pristine-tar ssh:/

Typos:

  s/repossitory/repository/
  s/pritine-tar/pristine-tar/
  s/upsream/upstream/
  s/whch/which/

It is mentioned that pristine-tar brach need to be current, but "git fetch" is not enough for that - should be "git pull" (and requires switching to that branch first). I believe that also here if using gbp-pull the --pristine-tar option is needed.

New source format is mentioned as "(3.0) quilt" - should be "3.0 (quilt)" i.e. paranthesis around the latter part.

Regards,

 - Jonas