Your C-Scan Perl distribution - copyright and licensing terms? :)

Hi,

First of all, thanks for writing the C-Scan extension!

I'm currently in the process of packaging it for Debian GNU/Linux.
One of the features of Debian is that it is quite strict about
the licensing terms of the software and other work included in its
distribution; thus, it is highly preferable and usually essential to
have a clear authorship, copyright and licensing statement from
the authors and contributors of the various packages included in Debian.

Now, it seems that the C-Scan distribution as uploaded to CPAN does not
really have any mentions of your name as the author, or any statement
about the distribution terms of the files.  Could you please clarify
the situation? :)  Elie Rosenblum, who used to maintain a C-Scan package
in Debian, seems to have obtained a statement from you saying that
everything you release is distributed on the "same as Perl" basis; would
it be possible to restate that, just for the record, if it's not too
much bother? :)

Actually, the best solution would be for you to release a new version of
C-Scan to CPAN, with either the README file or the Scan.pm POD docs
containing an "AUTHOR(S)" and a "COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE" section, so that
this is explicitly published for the world to see.  However, I understand
that a new CPAN release may sometimes be hard on one's free time :) and so
a licensing terms confirmation by e-mail might be enough.

Once again, thanks for C-Scan and the rest of your Perl software, and
keep up the great work!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@space.bg    roam@ringlet.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
I am jealous of the first word in this sentence.