Re: "Please drop perl dependency" bugs

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:55:57 +0200, Niko Tyni wrote:

> Package: libcgi-pm-perl
> Depends: perl-base (or perl-libs if necessary)
>  an example of a separate package, possibly coming from its own source
>  package from CPAN and not the perl tarball
[..]
> And I could hopefully dump the maintenance of the separately packaged
> dual life modules to the Debian Perl Group :)

Sure, as long as you continue to be a member of the Debian Perl Group
:)

More seriously, I think that's doable and a good idea to make the
dual-lifed modules more "mono-lifed", especially if this is in
parallel to upstream changes (where there are similar ideas, if I
understood rafl correctly).

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Jerry Lee Lewis: Drinkin Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee