Re: Thinking about bundles

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010, Nicholas Bamber wrote:
> I have recently looked into a number of bundle packages. All of them
> have different implementations of the debian/rules although the ones
> I looked at had clearly once had a common parent. Hence I have been
> kept awake at night thinking how this situation might be improved.

In the article, I mentionned that bundling unrelated software is not a
good idea in general (mainly because there's no common software version to
use).

So I think that we should not create any infrastructure to make it
even easier to create those bundles.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)