Re: please upload libparse-dia-sql-perl

On 05/26/2010 12:15 AM, gregor herrmann wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:33:11 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>
>> I added libparse-dia-sql-perl to the SVN repository.
>> The package is already tagged in SVN and ready for an upload.
>
> I took a look at it, but IMO it's not completely ready for upload.
> From my quick glance:
>
> - missing debian/source/format (most new packages have "3.0 (quilt)")
> - missing Vcs-* headers in d/control
> - installing the README seems useless, we normally skip that kind of
>   READMEs
> - upstream copyright year missing in debian/control
> - license: GPL doesn't make me happy (which one?) but that's an
>   upstream question
> - short description: should be a noun phrase, and no full stop at the
>   end
> - IO::Uncompress::Gunzip needs "perl (>= 5.10) | libio-compress-perl
>   | libio-compress-zlib-perl"

I have (hopefully) addressed the issues above and committed to svn.
Please let me know if there still are violations to debian standards.

I am not sure how to properly address the remaining two issues:

> - libtest-exception-perl seems unnecessary in Depends (comes from
>   META.yml)
> - setting AUTHOR_TEST and adding some build-deps might enable
>   additional tests but that's of course debatable

Yes, Test::Exception is only used during tests.  What would the
appropriate setting be for that dependency (or should it be removed)?
How would I go about to set AUTHOR_TEST=1 ?

Best regards,
Andreas