Re: package-installs-packlist

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 02:50 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Fri, 28 May 2010 17:27:39 -0500, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
>
> > I have just packaged up Text::Trim (not exciting, I know) and am running
> > into a lintian error:
> >
> > E: libtext-trim-perl: package-installs-packlist
> > usr/lib/perl5/auto/Text/Trim/.packlist
>
> dh_perl should remove them automatically (or more precise: pass the
> parameter to not create them), so my guess is you have an "old"
> debian/rules

I doubt it. dh-make-perl is what I used to bootstrap the package. Here
is the debian/rules file:

----------------------%<---------------------------
#!/usr/bin/make -f

%:
        dh $@
----------------------%<---------------------------

>  (i.e. without using dh) and you're not calling dh_perl
> there.

>  Or you have a very old debhelper version, not sure when this
> feature was introduced in dh_perl.

I'm using pdebuild in a sid environment to build it.

> > Has anyone seen this problem before? Should I go digging in the
> > Makefile.PL or someplace else?
>
> I haven't seen it for quite a few years now :)
>
> ("./Build ... create_packlist=0" prevents M::B from creating the
> .packlist file, but you shouldn't need to do that manually.)

Thanks gregor, I've patched the Build.PL file to suppress the packlist.

Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe@d.umn.edu - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth
Information Technology Systems & Services
PGP key 4096R/42A00942 2009-12-16
Fingerprint: 5814 2CCE 2383 2991 83FF  C899 07E2 BFA8 42A0 0942

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot