Explanation of "Issues" With MojoMojo (libmojomojo-perl)

Hi gregor,

Thanks very much for taking a look at MojoMojo (libmojomojo-perl).
Allow me to address the issues you noted in debian/changelog:

  TODO:
  + this doesn't look good:
    - Text::MultiMarkdown                          ...too old. (1.0.30
< 1.000032)
    Warning: prerequisite Text::MultiMarkdown 1.000032 not found. We
have 1.0.30.
    (but 1.000033-1 is already in svn with IGNORE-VERSION)

This version is not actually needed. It depends on it because 32 has
some test fixes for Win32, but they don't affect Debian (which is why
the newer version was never/should never be uploaded). We *could*
patch the Makefile.PL, but honestly, it makes no difference (given we
are using --skipdeps anyway), since there is no "use
Text::MultiMarkdown 1.000032" in the code (or anything equivalent).

  + this seems like worth a bit more investigation (and maybe adding
something to
    B-D-I and/or Depends/Recommends/Suggests):
    - FCGI::ProcManager                            ...missing.

The dependencies for this one cannot be satisfied.

    - Net::Amazon                                  ...missing.

I have listed this in Suggests, but not as a test (even if you include
it, it still requires Amazon EC3 credentials).

    - Text::Emoticon::MSN                          ...missing.

This one is optional and probably not worth packaging.

    t/03podcoverage.t ............... skipped: Test::Pod::Coverage
1.04 required

Even if Test;:Pod::Coverage is present, it will not test with it (see
the test file for details) -- the problem is the POD coverage tests
are failing, so it's an author-only test for now.

    t/app_leak.t .................... skipped: need Devel::LeakGuard::Object

You may have a point here -- however, I don't want to have to package
more stuff until we at least get an initial version of MojoMojo into
Debian. It's not a priority to have this test.

    t/formatter_amazon.t ............ skipped: Requirements not
installed for Amazon Formatter

This is the same problem as with Net::Amazon (this is the one that
requires Net::Amazon)

    t/formatter_docbook.t ........... skipped: Requirements not
installed for MojoMojo::Formatter::DocBook

You need an SGML file that Debian doesn't have anywhere (I checked apt-file).

    t/notabs.t ...................... skipped: need Test::NoTabs to
run this test

This test is still sitting in NEW, and I figured it wasn't critical
enough for us to wait until that package is done. I simply coordinated
with upstream to make this an optional test.

    t/selenium.t .................... skipped: Selenium tests need
Test::WWW::Selenium::Catalyst

I'll look into this one, but it may not be easily packagable. I
remember there were issues with Mechanize (testing issues) because
they require Firefox (Iceweasel, I guess) to be used for testing, and
I don't have a graphical environment. Perhaps Ryan Niebur can look
into this, or anyone else who has a moment, some experience and a
graphical Debian install.

IN SUMMARY: I don't think any of these issues are showstoppers, and
humbly request that you proceed with the upload unless you have a more
compelling reason otherwise.

Cheers,

Jonathan