Debian Perl Packagers' Wishlist

Hi all,

I've been invited by Rob Kinyon and Matt S. Trout (both prominent Perl
authors, and both who attend many Perl conferences) to compile a list
of things we in Debian would like to see in Perl modules more often.
Basically, we want to ensure there is good communication between the
Perl community and the Debian Perl Group, to make sure that all of our
needs are satisfied.

I have begun to compile a list on the Wiki here:
http://wiki.debian.org/JonathanYu/Perl_Packager_Wishlist -- feel free
to contribute if you have an account, or otherwise you can bug me on
IRC or reply to this mail to add it.

This is a great opportunity for us to tell the Perl community-at-large
what they can do to make our lives easier, and consequently, allow us
to process more modules, more quickly. Our current process
unfortunately refers a lot to sending bug reports/e-mails/bugging
people on IRC to fix things, which gets repetitive, where some sort of
concise manual/checklist would probably be useful.

Where appropriate, some of these things will be rolled into the
Kwalitee tests (via CPANTS).

Cheers,

Jonathan