Perl 5.12.0 now in experimental

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 08:19:35AM +0300, Damyan Ivanov wrote:

> While not a piece of cake, getting 5.12 iin squeeze doesn't look
> impossible. How can we help?

5.12.0-1 is now in experimental (and built for more than one
architecture), so I think it's OK to start filing bugs about any breakage.

I'm still experimenting with the use64bitint and uselongdouble settings,
so no promises about a stable ABI yet.

The package list at
 http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2010/04/msg158569.html

should be a good starting point for finding packages that fail to build,
but please verify first that the failures weren't transient.

Please use
 User: debian-perl@lists.debian.org
 Usertags: perl-5.12-transition

for any 5.12 related bugs so they can be found easily.

The tagged bugs can be seen at
 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=perl-5.12-transition;users=debian-perl@lists.debian.org

Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org