Re: Correct package name for Perl bindings?

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 12:50:55 +0100, TJ wrote:

> > AFAICS the dist name is Win::Hivex and it ships two modules
> > Win::Hivex and Win::Hivex::Registry, so libwin-hivex-perl seems
> > indeed like the logical candidate for the package name in my POV.
> >
> > Why do you think it doesn't "feel" correct?
>
> Mainly the difference in the binary package name from the other packages
> built from the source. the rest all being "libhivex" so "libwin-hivex"
> seems, at least in my mind, to disconnect the name-space for users.

Right, I supposed that was the point.

> I know when I'm looking for packages using dpkg-query or apt-cache I
> usually assume/expect that related packages will have a common stub.

At least apt-file search Hivex.pm would still work :)

I guess it boils down the the angle -- from a Perl point of the
having the dist name and the package name in sync makes it easier.

> I don't object to the name but it just feels counter-intuitive to me.

I see that point.
Maybe someone else from the group has some additional thoughts?

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Stan Getz: Take Five