manpages, difference between 1 and 1p

Hi,

For package eekboek, Lintian signals a manpage-section-mismatch: the manpage
for a command advertises itself as 1p but is placed in 1. In order to resolve
this properly I was wondering what the exact distinction is. When is something
in section n, and when in n'p'? For example, this is a command in the path.
Should the end user know that it is implemented in perl per se? Guidance
appreciated as I'm having trouble finding more details about these sections.

cheers,
Thijs