Test-Corpus-Audio-MPD 1.100430

Hi Jerome,

I noticed in the latest version of Test::Corpus::Audio::MPD that there
are several .ogg music files installed, presumably as example files
for the mpd tests. I understand the reasoning behind including these,
but I am a bit concerned about copyright issues since Debian is quite
picky about how "open source" our packages are.

I haven't heard the sound files yet, so I don't know if they are clips
from copyrighted musical works, or whether they are your own creation.
If the latter, Debian generally also wants "source" files for
everything -- including, as I understand it, multimedia files -- in
the way that a developer would work on them.

Consider the following situation:
1. You write a program to take some input configuration and generate
some Perl code as output
2. You write a program using this input configuration file
3. You generate some Perl code, and redistribute it

Since the input configuration file would be the preferred source
editing format (since it is the code you actually write/work on), then
the generated Perl code is not sufficient to qualify as open source in
Debian terms. Similarly, whatever source material you used to create
the ogg files (if anything) is needed for us to consider it "free" per
Debian's Free Software Guidelines.

Thanks for your contribution to Perl and Debian. Hopefully I've
expressed our perspective (in terms of Debian's various policies and
mission to further free software) clearly enough. In anticipation of
your feedback, I've also Carbon Copied the Debian Perl Group's mailing
list, which is the group (of which I am a part) that maintains many of
your packages relating to MPD.

Cheers,

Jonathan