Re: ITJTDPT (Intend to join the Debian Perl Team ;-)

Hi there,

2010/2/11 Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org>:
> Hi,
>
> I already attended some Debian Perl meetings at DebConf 9 and lurk on
> this list since somewhen back in 2007. Since 10 days, I'm a DD
> (account name "abe") and I currently have one lib*-perl[1] package
> which should get a packaging update. So I thought, now is the right
> time to join the Debian Perl Team. :-)
>
>  [1] http://packages.debian.org/libxml-rss-simplegen-perl

Welcome! It's always nice to have more DDs on the team :)

This page may be useful for you to give you an idea of how we operate:
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome

Please do inject your package into our repository (all DDs
automatically have access). Some useful pages might be:

- Our Package Entropy Tracker (so we know what is new, and to help us
coordinate): http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi
- Our Alioth project page: http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-perl/
(please send a request to join this)
- How to adopt a package under the group umbrella:
http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/howto/adopt.html

More resources can be found here: http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/

> A little bit about my Perl background:
>
> After Turbo Pascal and several Lisp dialects (Scheme, Emacs Lisp,
> Common Lisp), Perl was more or less the third higher programming
> language I learned (not counting bourne shell scripting and PostScript
> ;-).

Postscript, eh? I'm impressed :)