Re: packages in svn and git

Hi Gregor,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:41:49PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
if I'm not mistaken you've moved a couple of packages from svn to git today.

True. I never felt comfortable with CVS or SVN, and when I learned Git I realized that it might be tied to the tools, not the general concept of VCS: I feel fluent juggling with Git.

So hopefully this move to Git will cause me to spread more lovee on the Perl packages that I am involved in maintaining. Hopefully :-)

I am aware that both my use of cdbs and now this use of git has the backside of discouraging others of you working on same packages.

If you notice or suspect that "my" packages have a tendency to grow more sour than the main pile of Perl packages, then please don't be shy: challenge me with your observations and feelings about it. I want to be openminded about maybe letting go of some packages if my odd packaging styles cause more harm than good.

That's of course totally fine, I'd just like to ask you to remove
them from the svn repo (or move them to attic/) there

Yes, I intended to do that.  Thanks for reminding me!

because they are still in PET [0] and look a bit confusing [1] :)

Oh - I thought that the git-cia.pl hook in the Git repos shared info with PET.

(There's even a rm-pkg-from-repo script in the repo (I mean: in the
_svn_ repo :))

Nice!  Thanks!

Oh, and another thing: Please do not cc me personally - I am subscribed to the list.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas