Re: Mailing list for messages from launchpad

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Ansgar Burchardt<ansgar@2008.43-1.org> wrote:
> If there is enough interest, I would ask the Alioth admins to create
> pkg-perl-ubuntu@l.a.d.o and one of the admins for the Perl team on
> launchpad to set this as the team's mailing list.  As far as I know this
> should be enough to redirect all bug traffic to the mailing list.

When the team was created on Launchpad, I did think about requesting a
mailing list. I decided not to because the whole point of joining the
Launchpad team is to receive the bug mail. Filtering mail from
Launchpad can still be done quite easily in most mail clients even
without it coming from a Launchpad mailing list. The only valid reason
I see to create a mailing list for this team is to have an archive.
However, I am not quite sure how many people would actually find
having an archive of bug mail notification emails useful. I know I
personally would prefer to search through my emails than through the
mailing list archive.

If we do want to have a list, do we want it to be on alioth of through
Launchpad. Launchpad mailing lists are fairly easy to have created for
Launchpad teams.

Nathan