Re: libacme-bleach-perl: Binary packages

On 22:10 Mon 08 Jun     , Nathan Handler wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I recently packaged libacme-bleach-perl [1]. The tarball comes with
> three Perl modules: Acme::Bleach, Acme::DWIM, and Acme::Morse. These
> modules serve very different purposes, and are not really related to
> each other. As a result, I created separate binary packages for each
> module. These binary packages are very small. They contain one Perl
> module, one manpage, some example files, and copyright and changelog
> files. For reference, I have attached the contents of these binary
> packages to this message. We (gregor herrmann and I) are now trying to
> decide whether it is better to have these small binary packages, or
> whether it would be better to have one binary package that installed
> all three (unrelated) modules. We are interested in hearing what the
> rest of the team thinks about this issue.

Well, My point of view is that you could ask upstream to do 3 tarballs and
separate them. And if upstream don't want to do that, keep all 3 modules in one
package. They are not big so it's not annoying having them shared in one
package.

What I hope you will not choose is to separate the 3 modules in 3 package and
keep this tarball with the 3 modules inside. That's bad !

Greetings,
--
  ,''`.  Xavier Oswald <xoswald@debian.org>
 : :' :  GNU/LINUX Debian Developer