Re: please advice package names for padre plugins

-=| Jonathan Yu, Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 09:01:30AM -0400 |=-
> Or perhaps have a virtual padre-plugins package. :-) [This is the sort
> of thing that seems to be happening with catalyst-modules,
> perl-modules, etc]

catalyst-modules and perl-modules aren't virtual packages.
libcatalyst-modules-perl is a Debian-native package containing
multiple upstream tarballs. perl-modules is a binary package made from
perl source package.

We considered with Ryan creating a "conglomerate" padre-plugins
package the same way libcatalyst-modules-perl is done and decided that
one-size-fits-all is not good. Some people need Svn support, other
— Git; some want Vi, others — Emacs. Given that the set of plugins
will grow with time, this shall become more and more evident.

--
dam